Summit Quick Facts
Summit Electric Supply Co. Inc. is an independent, privately held, wholesale distributor of industrial electrical equipment and supplies.
Headquarters: Albuquerque, N.M.
Founded: Aug. 15, 1977
Staff size: 500+ associates
2012 Sales: $384,672,990
- Ranked #18 among the nation's top electrical distributors, based on 2012 sales of $384.6 million, by Modern Distribution Management Magazine.
- Highest percentage of associates to complete the top level of training offered by the National Association of Electrical Distributors.
- One of only a few U.S. electrical distributors to use internationally recognized SAP.
- Member of Trace International, a non-profit association comprised of multinational companies from around the world who have joined together in support of ethical business practices.
- Victor Jury Jr., current president and chief executive officer
- Victor Jury Sr., retired from Summit in 1991
- David Meredith, retired from Summit in 1999
- Service centers in 23 U.S. markets
- Marine division based in New Orleans
- EP&C division based in Houston
- International sales division based in Houston
- Service center in Dubai, UAE
- Sales team dedicated to serving Latin America
- Summit's 30 second counter service guarantee® - customers who come in to our counters are served within 30 seconds or they receive a coin worth five "Summit Bucks®," a $5 credit toward their next purchase.
- 20/20 will call guarantee® - orders are ready within 20 minutes of calling them in or the customer receives a $20 credit.
- Energy-saving, custom lighting solutions plus energy audits
- Summit OnSite (SOS®): Complete on-site inventory solutions for domestic or international job sites, multiple or remote locations.
- In-house marine cable braiding - custom-length shipboard cable or rig cable, armored using either aluminum or bronze.
- Advanced Managed Projects Services (AMPS®) - a comprehensive menu of supply services that can be customized for individual projects, ensuring the greatest efficiency at the lowest overall cost.