Summit Electric Supply respects and protects the privacy of our users and we encourage other sites to join us in this effort.
What information do we collect from our users and how do we collect it?
www.summit.com collects personally identifying information from our users during:
- on-line registration
- on-line surveys
- on-line requests for information & forms
- messages posted to our forums, discussion webs or to firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is knowingly entered by the user and includes name, email address, mailing address, telephone and fax number, company information, and other relative information.
This information is used for several purposes including:
- To determine how we can improve our site
- To contact electrical professionals about topics they have expressed an interest in
- Provide electrical professionals with information they have requested
- To better understand who is visiting our site and what features they would like to have us provide
- Internal marketing purposes
Our privacy pledge to you:
We will NEVER sell, exchange, or release information about you or your company (name, email address, mailing address, company information, credit card data, etc.), regardless of its source, to any third parties.
In addition, every submission form on Summit's web site has a check box which states "I authorize Summit to send me industry-related email." If this box is turned off, Summit will not store any of the information which was sent as a part the submission form. Summit will only keep information on submissions where this check box is turned on.